Button is Hiring a
Type: Full Time or Contract
Min. Experience: Experienced
About Button: Our mission is to tackle key challenges within the digital government space and private sector, providing world-leading solutions that are transparent, scalable, and value driven. We care about projects that help combat climate change, build strong partnerships, and have meaningful social impact.
Our team is looking for a Service Designer who thrives on problem solving, communication, and loves to build bridges between the development team and the needs of government users and citizens alike. You will have an eye for detail, a user-focused approach, and a passion for design thinking. Please let us know which type of employment you’re interested in when you apply.
As a snapshot, you’ll be working as part of an Agile team in a creative workspace where multi-disciplinary teams of public servants and private sector consultants collaborate on solutions for the public sector. Our ideal candidate for this role will have strong communication skills and experience with user research. You thrive on feedback and can transform user ideas into elegant, effective designs for a diverse audience. Everyone on our team brings their own unique experience. We embrace quality, creativity, and constant collaboration.
- Applying visual design skills to deliver elegant, accessible, and user-focused web interfaces, templates, and graphical elements
- Constructing storyboards and user journeys, and defining user personas
- Conducting concept and usability testing to gather feedback
- Agile coaching and design process creation for internal and external teams
- Developing wireframes and prototypes that meet user needs and project requirements
- Identifying creative ways to solve UX challenges, such as usability, searchability, and accessibility
- Presenting design ideas and research to clients through visual facilitation
- Working with our team of Developers to implement high quality designs
Interested? Drop us an application. We can’t wait to hear about your experience, what skills you bring to the team, and what type of work makes you excited to dive in. We really value people who want to learn on the job, but here are some of our preferred skills:
- Experience with service design in a government context
- Knowledge of current web usability and accessibility standards and best practices (WCAG 2.0, the A11Y project, etc.) and experience applying them in your work
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills to work seamlessly in a multi-disciplinary team, with clients and leadership
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Experience with front-end and mark-up languages (e.g. HTML, CSS)
- Experience deriving designs from user research and analysis
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Due to COVID-19, Button has gone fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. However, preference may be given to applicants in Victoria, BC.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to an accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.