Button is Hiring a
Sales and Business Development Lead
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Senior
Button’s mission is to tackle key challenges within digital government, providing world leading solutions that are transparent, scalable, and value-driven. We care deeply about projects that help combat climate change, build strong partnerships, and have deep social impact.
Button is looking for a Sales and Business Development Lead to spearhead project opportunities and land new projects. This role is responsible for nurturing the full procurement lifecycle to create a healthy pipeline and sales funnel (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and direct awards).
This role will work closely with our Operations and proposal teams to identify necessary hires, align skills, and respond to opportunities. The Sales and Business Development Lead will also identify opportunities to become a qualified supplier in new environments, and work with the Engineering team to prioritize necessary qualifications (e.g. SOC II).
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a candidate with solid experience in the public sector practice of a management consulting firm.
You’re collaborative by nature, highly strategic and creative in your approach. You’re looking to stretch your legs and apply your skills in a tech start-up environment. You understand what it takes to maximize revenue, build a sales funnel strategy from the ground up, and maximize public sector impact.
Successful candidates should have:
- A minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience in the public sector practice of a major consulting firm.
- Knowledge of government budgetary practices, and the ability to time business development efforts with fiscal cycles.
- Understanding of the importance of a healthy pipeline, including the ability to source direct awards, increase the number of available open proposals (RFPs/RFIs).
- The ability to distinguish stakeholders that have influence over the process, versus those that have actual budgetary authority.
- Track record of pursuing and winning contracts in the $5 million - $100 million range.
Knowledge of government sales in British Columbia is an asset, but not required. Our team is primarily located in Victoria, BC, but will consider multiple locations for this role.