Button is Hiring a
People Ops Coordinator
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
Our mission is to tackle key challenges within digital government, providing world leading solutions that are transparent, scalable, and value-driven. Our team is looking for a People Ops Coordinator who thrives on outreach, team building and growing team culture from the inside out. Our team core values embody impactful work, diversity, teamwork, curiosity and adaptability. Reporting to the VP Operations & Finance, you’ll be an early hire on our Operations team and be a driving force in helping us grow!
You’ll gain exposure to all aspects of People Ops and help prioritize and champion key internal initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Manage end-to-end recruitment efforts, from job description through resume review and new employee onboarding;
- Support and build our performance review process;
- Plan team culture events and activities;
- Manage office and team operations to ensure that our workspaces are optimized for productivity and efficiency;
- Facilitate employee engagement through surveys, town halls and coffee dates, to build our culture and monitor team morale;
- Track employee skillsets to facilitate the proposal application process;
- Develop our employee handbook
- Impart a strong commitment to building a diverse and inclusive environment;
- Participate in community engagement – helping spread the word about Button and form strong relationships within the tech community.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong communication skills, attention to detail and the desire to jump in and build scalable process. You bring good vibes, empathy and creativity to support our development teams and help them thrive.
We really value people learning new skills on the job, but here are some of our preferred skills and experience:
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a people ops or human resources-related role;
- Experience in community engagement;
- Experience in a recruitment role, in particular hiring for technical roles;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, and an understanding that experience comes in many forms;
- Ability to stay organized while balancing both big picture and detail-oriented responsibilities.
This role will be full-time in our Victoria, BC office. Near term work will be remote due to COVID-19.