Vice President of Engineering
Are you an experienced leader seeking to offer strategic guidance to drive innovation to ensure technological growth that makes an impact?
Button is looking for a VP of Engineering that is experienced but also passionate on managing agile development teams.
As a customer advocate, you will be designing, creating and executing strategies that will improve product development. You will be responsible for ensuring that our products meet requirements and deliver a consistent experience for user that meets our high-quality standards.
- Mentor and inspire our development team by providing architectural and testing guidance and code reviews.
- Design, implement and monitor all operations and key performance including metrics and operational efficiency from the engineering team
- Create and execute successful technological strategies that reflect and are aligned with the vision and mission of Button
- Establish goals in collaboration with the sales team that meet organizational needs
- Design, implement and execute technological frameworks
- Collaborate closely with our CEO and VP of Sales on creating strategies of growth within the organization
- Assist in business development, customer meetings and proposal generation
- Create strong partnerships with our customers and other technology partners
- 10+ years experience leading and being successful in hypergrowth organizations and/or equivalent
- Significant experience in software architecture and personally building digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity
- Deep knowledge of full stack modern development practices
- Significant experience on best engineering practices for software development life cycle, including coding standards, coding reviews, source control, building, testing , deploying and full organizational operations
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting and software products
- Experience in mentoring, coaching teams
- Experience in agile environments including project management
- Exceptional leadership, team building skills
- Experience working with cross divisional partners
- Clear understanding of projects, budgets, sales and business planning
- Experience with open source product development in an agile environment
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to play a key role in creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. In addition to making a real impact on communities, you will also receive:
- Generous compensation plan including base pay and variable pay.
- 25 days of paid time off (15 vacation days, 10 sick/personal days) to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Full benefits package to look after you and your family, plus a health spending account.
- A collaborative, inclusive work environment that is remote-friendly.
- Commitment to continuous learning and mentorship with time provided for professional/personal development.
- Birthday treats to celebrate you on your special day.
- Flexible remote work – you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time (work-life balance is so important to us!).
Button is fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. All Candidates must have a valid Canadian Work Permit.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.