Are you a software designer passionate about delivering an accessible and innovative user experience?
Button wants a UX/UI designer, like YOU, to join our innovative and dynamic team!
As a UX/UI Designer with Button, you are dedicated to mobilizing transformative ideas to create an accessible, innovative, and powerful user design for our diverse audience. With a user-focused attitude and a passion for design thinking, you use feedback and collaboration to exceed audience expectations and create an unmatched user experience.
Button’s UX/UI Designer is a detail-oriented problem-solver and exceptional communicator that is passionate about using design to foster a sustainable future for our community and environment.
A Day in the Life
- Mobilize passion and unmatched UX/UI design experience to generate elegant, accessible, and user-centric focused technological business solutions.
- Act as a strategic contributor that constructs storyboards, user stories, and user personas to create an exceptional user experience.
- Collaboratively transform diverse projects requirements and needs into high-quality wireframes, prototypes, and business services.
- Continuously work to enhance Button’s user experience by identifying and leading creative resolutions to UX challenges, such as usability, searchability, and accessibility.
- Present innovative design ideas and new research to key stakeholders using visual facilitation to provide an immersive and inclusive experience for users.
- You’ll be an advocate for accessible design and always strive to work backward from customer problems and needs. You will work closely with other UX designers on the team, UX researchers, UX writers, design technologists, product managers, and engineers.
- Use business requirements, usability findings, and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements,
- Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes,
- Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency,
- Proactively manage your own work queue, time, and expectations,
- Understand target users through user research and drive toward more collecting more data when needed.
What You Bring to the Table
- Owned your past roles as a UX Designer or UX/UI Designer where you created accessible and innovative technological business solutions that exceeded diverse user needs.
- Proven ability to collaborate with Button’s Designers and Front-End Developer in the design and creation of aesthetic and functional products.
- Ability to lead the design and development of accessible and inclusive products to support the social and economic mobility of various user groups.
- Equipped with a thorough understanding of creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity UI designs, and employing design thinking methodology.
- You are confident and know your way around tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, or Axure.
- An analytical, detail-oriented, and mission-driven contributor with a user-centric and solutions-driven mindset that thrives in fast-paced, innovative work environments.
- Exceptional communication skills with the special ability to foster collaborative and positive interpersonal connections with key clients, users, and team members.
- Experience with Agile frameworks, like Scrum or Kanban.
- An online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
- Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Bonus Points If You Have
- History leading digital design in a fast-paced start-up and government context.
- Versed understanding of UX principles and best practices and mobilizing user personas to inform the product design process and enhance user experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Unflappable good humor, courtesy, and ability to build rapport with stakeholders, designers, developers, and leaders
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects, and prioritizing tasks
- Understanding of the current state of technology and best practices
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture, and design—understand accepted UX process standards well enough to be entitled to selectively abandon them
Button’s team is integral to our efforts of creating a sustainable future using digital transformation. As you embrace this exciting opportunity to foster community connection, you can also expect:
- Work-life balance and employee wellbeing are a value of ours! We provide employees with 25 days of paid time-off and a competitive compensation plan.
- Prioritization of the wellbeing of our employees and their families with a generous benefits package and health spending account!
- A commitment to continuous learning and growth opportunities to help you realize your professional and personal goals.
- Friday Socials, Wellness Wednesdays, and birthday treats to celebrate your special day as a must-have for us. We like each other – a lot!
- A collaborative, inclusive, and positive work culture that praises flexible remote work -- you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time.
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
Button is fully remote, as such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC. Must have a Canadian Work Permit.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to an accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.