Button is hiring a
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology and services for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our Agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through co-creation, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
This position can be funded through a hiring grant. Please see the qualifications in the application form.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our team who is passionate about social good and wants the opportunity to have impact in their work. Building bridges between software solutions and the needs of users and citizens should get you excited, and you should be familiar with evidence- and context-based design. We’re interested to hear from designers who are enthusiastic about mentorship, continuous learning, and strategic design thinking – or whatever makes you tick – we’d love to hear about it.
- Apply experience design skills to deliver elegant, accessible, and user-focused web interfaces, templates, and graphical elements
- Create storyboards, user stories, and define user personas
- Conduct concept and usability testing to gather and interpret feedback
- Develop wireframes and prototypes that meet user needs and project requirements
- Identify creative ways to solve UX challenges, such as usability, searchability, and accessibility
- Work in tandem with a multi-disciplinary team to implement high-quality designs
We really value people who want to learn on the job, but we hope that you bring the following experience:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree and/or diploma relating to design
- Experience with web application design
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team and collaborating on designs with other designers and developers
- An understanding of current web usability and accessibility standards and best practices
- Experience conducting, analyzing, and translating research to other team members and stakeholders
- An understanding of interaction design principles
- An understanding of industry tools such as, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, or Sketch
- A user-centric mindset
- A creative and analytical approach
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
Nice to Haves
- Experience deriving designs from user research and analysis
- Experience applying current web usability and accessibility standards and best practices to your work
- Experience applying interaction design principles
- An understanding of the Agile way of working
Due to COVID-19, Button has gone fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria, BC.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to an accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.