Button is Hiring a
VP, Government Outreach
Min. Experience: Experienced
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects - from emissions reporting for climate action to developing grant application forms for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
As our Vice President of Government Outreach, you will work with our sales team to position Button as a trusted advisor to government and maintain a healthy sales pipeline by securing short and long-term projects. You will leverage your existing government relationships and your knowledge of government objectives and fiscal timelines to identify project opportunities. You will act as a strategic partner and facilitate evidence-based business cases for using digital transformation to achieve government mandates and goals.
- Develop and foster new and existing relationships with government agencies and key members of government.
- Understand government strategic priorities and effectively uncover project opportunities (large and small) where Button can add value.
- Tell a compelling evidence-based story of why governments need Button to successfully achieve climate goals and mandates.
- Manage the proposal writing and bid submission process through internal collaboration, stay on top of fiscal timelines, drive projects forward, and achieve revenue goals.
- Identify opportunities to become a qualified supplier in new environments and use evidence-based research and data analysis to develop a business case for change.
- Demonstrated experience using data to strategically influence high-level decision-making in the public sector (either in a consultative or internal capacity)
- High technical aptitude with experience working with policy as code and software technologies
- Passionate about creating impact through digital transformation and being part of Button’s success story
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in relevant discipline
- Well versed with the RFP process with a track record of pursuing and winning contracts in the $2 million to $100 million range.
- Understanding of government budgetary practices and the ability to time business development efforts with fiscal cycles
- Epic relationship builder with ability to influence and work your way up in the chain of command
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder engagement skills (internally and externally)
- Strategic thinker who takes initiative, identifies gaps and finds evidence-based solutions
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. In addition to creating real impact on communities, you will also receive:
- Generous compensation plan including base pay and variable pay
- 25 days of paid time off to ensure a healthy work life balance
- Full benefits package to look after you and your family, plus a health spending account
- Impact-driven work environment fuelled by curiosity and passion for social good
- Collaborative, inclusive work environment that is remote-friendly
- Company laptop, as needed, and the office tools and equipment that you need to be successful
- Fun team events and socials including Friday Socials and Wellness Wednesdays
- Commitment to continuous learning and mentorship with time provided for professional/personal development
- Birthday treats to celebrate you on your special day
Are you excited to drive real, sustainable change? Apply today with your resume and cover letter!
Due to COVID-19, Button has gone fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to their employment.” Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to an accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.