Button is Hiring a
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Our mission is to tackle key challenges within digital government, providing world leading solutions that are transparent, scalable, and value-driven. We care deeply about projects that help combat climate change, build strong partnerships, and have deep social impact. Not all superheros wear capes (although if you wish to wear one to work, that’s totally fine too!)
Our team is looking for a UX Designer who thrives on problem solving and loves to build bridges between the development team and the needs of government users and citizens alike. You have an eye for detail, a user-focused approach and a passion for design thinking.
- Apply visual design skills to deliver elegant, accessible and user-focused web-interfaces, templates and graphical elements;
- Construct storyboards, user journeys and define user personas;
- Conduct concept and usability testing to gather feedback;
- Develop wireframes and prototypes that meet user needs and project requirements;
- Identify creative ways to solve UX challenges, such as usability, searchability and accessibility;
- Work with our team of developers to implement high quality designs.
You’ll be working as part of an Agile team in a creative work-space where multi-disciplinary teams of public servants and private sector consultants collaborate together on solutions for the public sector. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong communication skills and experience with user research. You thrive on feedback and are able to transform user ideas into elegant, effective designs for a diverse audience.
We welcome applicants of all experience levels, whether you are ready to grow your skills in service design or be a leader on our design team.
We really value people learning new skills on the job, but here are some of our preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with service design in a government context;
- Knowledge of current web usability and accessibility standards and best practices (WCAG 2.0, the A11Y project, etc.) and experience applying them in your work;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to work seamlessly in a multi-disciplinary team, with clients and leadership;
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture;
- Experience with front-end and mark-up languages (e.g. HTML, CSS);
- Experience deriving designs from user research and analysis;
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
This role reports to the VP Product & Design. This role will be full-time in Victoria, BC. Near term work will be remote due to COVID-19.